Beaches of Cetara
Cetara has a number of peaceful beaches, within steps of the town's pretty little harbor and restaurants famous for their delicious fish cuisine. A day by the sea never tasted so good!
Subject of many a picture postcard, Cetrara is a pretty little fishing village comprised of a cluster of little cottages, a tower, and a church with an impressive majolica tiled dome. Although most visitors come to Cetrara to taste what is widely considered to be the finest tuna fish on the whole of the Amalfi Coast and to purchase a bottle of the town's famous Colatrura, anchovy extract, it's on Cetrara's delightful little beaches that they inevitably end up spending the greater part of the day.
Marina di Cetara
A tiny beach, framed by quaint little cottages, the fishing port and the tower. Despite its location, right next to the town, both the beach and the water which laps it are incredibly clean. The sun shines on the beach until late afternoon.
Porto di Cetara
Located just behind the harbor, this artificial beach was created using surplus building material originally destined to reconstruct the houses destroyed by the 1980 earthquake. To this mass of brick, the sea has added sand and pebbles to create a pleasant little beach. Holidaymakers reach the beach via the public car park and a gap in the harbor wall.
The sandy Lannio beach is located just outside the town of Cetrara. It is said that the name of the beach derives from the "lagnanze", or the howling of the monks massacred by the Saracens during one of the invasions which, in medieval times, were frightening frequent here. Visitors access the beach via a pathway which commences by the tower and concludes with a short flight of steps.
- How to get to the beaches of Cetara
- By car: from the A3 motorway exit at Vietri sul Mare and follow the signs for the Amalfi Coast. Once in Cetara follow the signs to the car park (charge applies).During summer weekends, once the car park is full, the center of Cetara is usually closed to non residential traffic.
- By public transport: Sita coach company, Salerno-Amalfi line.
- Beaches of Vietri sul Mare
- Vietri sul Mare boasts some of the largest beaches on the Amalfi Coast which, together with...
- Beaches of Nerano
- From the times of the Ancient Romans, when the Empire's elite classes regularly came to spend...
- Beaches of Positano
- With its glamorous, celebrity-packed beaches, breathtakingly gorgeous seascapes, and boutique-filled...
- Beaches of Praiano
- The town of Praiano has a number of beaches, including the only beach on the Amalfi Coast to...
- Beaches of Amalfi
- Whether you're looking for a remote beach, far from the crowds, or an easy-to-reach and super...
- Beaches of Maiori and Minori
- Maiori has the longest beach of all those on the Amalfi Coast: almost a kilometer of sand with...
- Beaches of Cetara
- Subject of many a picture postcard, Cetrara is a pretty little fishing village comprised of...