A boat tour along the coasts of Positano, Praiano, and Amafli is a must if you want to see the most spectacular side of the Amalfi Coast, with its rugged cliffs and colorful fishing villages perched on the hilltops and waterfronts.
Boat Tours of the Amalfi Coast
- Departure ports: Sorrento, Positano, Praiano, and Amalfi. There are also mini-cruises which depart from Castellammare, Naples, and Salerno.
- Duration: from 3 to 8 hours
- Types of tours available: mini-cruises, small group tours, private rentals
- Price: from EUR 35 per person
The route for most boat tours along the Amalfi Coast include a length skirting the coast with stops in some of the most picturesque coves for a swim. The most photogenic views along the trip include:
- Positano seen from the sea with its colorful houses tumbling down the cliffside
- The islets of Li Galli
- The bays of Arienzo and Laurito with their luxe villas hidden in the scenery
- The village of Praiano
- The Emerald Grotto (where visitors can enter)
- The fjord of Furore
- Amalfi, where there is usually a stop to visit the town center and the Cathedral of Sant'Andrea
Tours which depart from Castellammare and Sorrento also skirt the coastline of the Sorrentine Peninsula, rounding Punta Campanella where the remains of the ancient temple dedicated to Athena dating from the Magna Grecia are still visible.
There are a number of different types of boat tours available on the Amalfi Coast
- Mini-cruises on boats with 30-40 passengers: average ticket price of EUR 35-40 and the option to have lunch on board.
- Semi-private small group gozzo tours for a maximum of 12 passengers: average price of EUR 70-80 including a sandwich and beverage.
- Private boat rentals with a skipper during which you can set your own duration and route: average price EUR 150 for 2-3 hours.