Discover the rural roots of the Amalfi Coast and dramatic industrial ruins on this scenic hike with an English-speaking guide through the Bay of Jeranto.
Departure from: Nerano
Duration 3 hours
From 4 April 2021 to 1 November 2021 (All days) -
Printed or mobile voucher accepted
- English-speaking hiking guide to lead you through the Protected Marine Area on the spectacular Jeranto Bay overlooking the Faraglioni sea stacks off Capri
- Take in spectacular industrial ruins of an abandoned limestone quarry
- The bay was used from the end of the 19th century until 1952 as a limestone quarry for stone used by for the steelworks in Naples. Today the area is a protected reserve where you can visit the historic factory, hike through the beautiful countryside, pass through quiet olive groves, and see the traditional layout of the area's lemon groves.
- Lunch (can be added upon request)
Duration: 3 hours
Length: 4 Km
Languages: Italian and English
Here's what a day hike with us is like:
- Meeting & briefing with your expert guide
- Walk begins (usually in the morning )
- Break halfway (stop for a rest and snack )
- End of the walk with possibility to arrange a picnic or an enjoyable lunch in local restaurant with spectacular view of the surrounding landscape
- Transfers can be arranged upon request
This tour is perfect for singles, couples, families, or small groups of up to 20 people.
Provided by: Cartotrekking (Agerola)
To infinity and beyond...along the breathtaking trails high above the Amalfi Coast!
"Enrico was terrific! We loved the walk- the scenery was amazing! "
"It was a wonderful hike with Gianluca, very well-paced and quite relaxed with heaps of new information about local flora and the surroundings. I would do this trek again in a heartbeat! Thank you :)"
"Enrico was the perfect guide. He paced the walk so that the slower members had a great experience and was extremely knowledgeable and had a calm and gentle personality."