Where to Book your Hotel on the Amalfi CoastMappa
When you decide to vacation on the Amalfi Coast, one of your first questions is inevitably, "Where should I stay?".
The first factor you should consider is your travel style and itinerary. If you are planning on daytripping and taking an number of tours, we suggest the towns of Positano and Amalfi, which are transportation hubs and convenient bases to explore the entire coast. If you are looking forward to settling in and relaxing during your stay, opt for Praiano, Ravello, or one of the smaller villages like Conca de' Marini.
Some helpful tips about which town to choose:
- Just the right place for you:
- if you're looking for a peaceful location with spectacular views.
- if you love music: each year Ravello holds an important classical music review.
- Not for you:
- if you love the beach: it's the only town on the Amalfi Coast without one.
- Just perfect for:
- those who love art and architecture.
- those who want to be bang in the middle of the Amalfi Coast.
- Not the best choice for:
- those looking for a peaceful retreat: especially in high season when Amalfi can be crowded with holidaymakers.
- The ideal place for:
- Honeymooners: you can't get more romantic than this.
- Sun worshippers: the beaches catch the sun from dawn 'til dusk.
- Walkers: this is where the Sentiero degli Dei begins.
- Think twice:
- if you're planning on visiting Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples or Paestum while you're here. It's quite a long way from the main transportation hubs.
- Perfect for:
- a gastronomic tour, discovering the flavors of the Amalfi Coast.
- long days lazing by the sea.
- Move on:
- if you want to stay right in the heart of the Amalfi Coast.
- Couldnt find a better place:
- If youre traveling with kids: Maioris is the most family-friendly beach on the whole Amalfi Coast.
- Try elsewhere:
- If you want to strut your stuff in trendy clubs and bars
- A great choice:
- If you want a seaside holiday enjoying good food and wine
- If you want to experience an authentic slice of life on the Amalfi Coast.
- Not the best option:
- If you want to hang out with a celebrity crowd.
- You'll love Sorrento if:
- you want to explore the nearby sights.
- you want a bustling atmosphere day and night
- You won't love Sorrento if:
- You are looking for an exclusive atmosphere
- You want to stay on the Amalfi Coast
Recommended experiences and tours
Excursions by sea
Do you really want to enjoy the blue sea of Capri?
The best option is to book a private boat to sail around the island!
With its discreet charm the "Fratelli Aprea 7.80 open cruise" is the model that more than others represents the tradition and the classic line of Gozzo Sorrentino.
The amazing ancient Roman resort town of Pompeii was buried under a mass of volcanic ash from Mt Vesuvius when the mountain erupted in AD 79. Today's walking tourreveals the city's remarkably preserved villas, theaters and baths. Living this experience as the ancient romains.
Duration 4 hours
Excursions by sea
Enjoy the sea of Capri and surrounding area with the elegant luxury of an italian open motorboat.
The "Itama 38" (12 mt) used for the service, have private cabin, mini-bar, wc, sunbathing area with cushions and comfortable sofas where you can admire the panorama.
All you need for your relaxing day.
Discover the amazing ancient Roman resort town of Pompeii was buried under a mass of volcanic ash from Mt Vesuvius when the mountain erupted in AD 79. We'll continue the Excursion on the way of the Vesuvius , having a Wine Tasting an Lunch at ''Cantina del Vesuvio''.
Duration about 6 hours.