Where to Book your Hotel on the Amalfi CoastMappa
When you decide to vacation on the Amalfi Coast, one of your first questions is inevitably, "Where should I stay?".
The first factor you should consider is your travel style and itinerary. If you are planning on daytripping and taking an number of tours, we suggest the towns of Positano and Amalfi, which are transportation hubs and convenient bases to explore the entire coast. If you are looking forward to settling in and relaxing during your stay, opt for Praiano, Ravello, or one of the smaller villages like Conca de' Marini.
Some helpful tips about which town to choose:
- Just the right place for you:
- if you're looking for a peaceful location with spectacular views.
- if you love music: each year Ravello holds an important classical music review.
- Not for you:
- if you love the beach: it's the only town on the Amalfi Coast without one.
- Just perfect for:
- those who love art and architecture.
- those who want to be bang in the middle of the Amalfi Coast.
- Not the best choice for:
- those looking for a peaceful retreat: especially in high season when Amalfi can be crowded with holidaymakers.
- The ideal place for:
- Honeymooners: you can't get more romantic than this.
- Sun worshippers: the beaches catch the sun from dawn 'til dusk.
- Walkers: this is where the Sentiero degli Dei begins.
- Think twice:
- if you're planning on visiting Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples or Paestum while you're here. It's quite a long way from the main transportation hubs.
- Perfect for:
- a gastronomic tour, discovering the flavors of the Amalfi Coast.
- long days lazing by the sea.
- Move on:
- if you want to stay right in the heart of the Amalfi Coast.
- Couldnt find a better place:
- If youre traveling with kids: Maioris is the most family-friendly beach on the whole Amalfi Coast.
- Try elsewhere:
- If you want to strut your stuff in trendy clubs and bars
- A great choice:
- If you want a seaside holiday enjoying good food and wine
- If you want to experience an authentic slice of life on the Amalfi Coast.
- Not the best option:
- If you want to hang out with a celebrity crowd.
Recommended experiences and tours
Enjoy a private luxury transfer from Sorrento to Positano (or vice versa) by a Mercedes or Volkswagen sedan or minivan with a professional driver who speaks Italian and English.
Book Sorrento Limo's exclusive transfer from Naples to Positano with English speaking driver on a luxury vehicle.
Excursions by sea
We offer a full day with private pick up/drop off from positano, sailing along the amalfi coast to visit capri island,
Transfer from the Airport or the train station of Naples to Amalfi, Positano or Ravello or vice versa.
This service is included of :
- Transfer with limousine car or minivan Mercedes
- Hostess in Airport
- Porter service for your luggage
- Transfer to your destination
Excursions by sea
An amazing trip to enjoy and discover Amalfi Coast, Li Galli isles ,the island of Capri,the many grottos and to swim in the hidden gems of crystal waters
Private Transfer from Naples to Sorrento or Massa Lubrense with English speaking driver on a luxury Mercedes vehicle.
Want to reach your hotel on the Amalfi Coast with a comfortable private transfer? Travel to Praiano, Amalfi, or Ravello from Naples (or vice versa) with a luxury sedan driven by a bilingual Italian/English professional who can share with you this coastline's history during the ride.
Are you planning on hiking the "Path of the Gods" trail, but aren't sure how to get to the trailhead and back? The logistics with public transportation are complicated, so book a private transfer with Astarita Car Service and enjoy a hassle-free day of hiking!