Where to Book your Hotel on the Amalfi CoastMappa
When you decide to vacation on the Amalfi Coast, one of your first questions is inevitably, "Where should I stay?".
The first factor you should consider is your travel style and itinerary. If you are planning on daytripping and taking an number of tours, we suggest the towns of Positano and Amalfi, which are transportation hubs and convenient bases to explore the entire coast. If you are looking forward to settling in and relaxing during your stay, opt for Praiano, Ravello, or one of the smaller villages like Conca de' Marini.
Some helpful tips about which town to choose:
- Just the right place for you:
- if you're looking for a peaceful location with spectacular views.
- if you love music: each year Ravello holds an important classical music review.
- Not for you:
- if you love the beach: it's the only town on the Amalfi Coast without one.
- Just perfect for:
- those who love art and architecture.
- those who want to be bang in the middle of the Amalfi Coast.
- Not the best choice for:
- those looking for a peaceful retreat: especially in high season when Amalfi can be crowded with holidaymakers.
- The ideal place for:
- Honeymooners: you can't get more romantic than this.
- Sun worshippers: the beaches catch the sun from dawn 'til dusk.
- Walkers: this is where the Sentiero degli Dei begins.
- Think twice:
- if you're planning on visiting Pompeii, Herculaneum, Naples or Paestum while you're here. It's quite a long way from the main transportation hubs.
- Perfect for:
- a gastronomic tour, discovering the flavors of the Amalfi Coast.
- long days lazing by the sea.
- Move on:
- if you want to stay right in the heart of the Amalfi Coast.
- Couldnt find a better place:
- If youre traveling with kids: Maioris is the most family-friendly beach on the whole Amalfi Coast.
- Try elsewhere:
- If you want to strut your stuff in trendy clubs and bars
- A great choice:
- If you want a seaside holiday enjoying good food and wine
- If you want to experience an authentic slice of life on the Amalfi Coast.
- Not the best option:
- If you want to hang out with a celebrity crowd.
Recommended experiences and tours
Book Sorrento Limo's exclusive transfer from Naples to Positano with English speaking driver on a luxury vehicle.
Enjoy a private luxury transfer from Naples to Positano (or vice versa) by a Mercedes or Volkswagen sedan or minivan with a professional driver who speaks Italian and English.
Want to reach your hotel on the Amalfi Coast with a comfortable private transfer? Travel to Praiano, Amalfi, or Ravello from Naples (or vice versa) with a luxury sedan driven by a bilingual Italian/English professional who can share with you this coastline's history during the ride.
Excursions by sea
We offer a full day with private pick up/drop off from positano, sailing along the amalfi coast to visit capri island,
Private Transfer from Naples to Positano, Amalfi, Praiano, Ravello with English speaking driver on a luxury Mercedes vehicle.
Reach the Amalfi Coast from Naples on board of one of our luxury vehicles, you can also add a stop at Pompeii, Herculaneum, or Mount Vesuvius for a small supplementary price, turning in this way your transfer into a tour!
Just let us know your staying d
A memorable day tour along the scenic Amalfi Coast stopping several times to capture photos of the magnificent coastline: we will take from Sorrento a meandering relaxing drive uphill along a very narrow road, passing wineries and olive factories which will lead us to Ravello, Amalfi and Positano.
Enjoy a private luxury transfer from Sorrento to Positano (or vice versa) by a Mercedes or Volkswagen sedan or minivan with a professional driver who speaks Italian and English.
Excursions by sea
Do you really want to enjoy the blue sea of Capri?
The best option is to book a private boat to sail around the island!
With its discreet charm the "Fratelli Aprea 7.80 open cruise" is the model that more than others represents the tradition and the classic line of Gozzo Sorrentino.
A private tour on Mercedes vehicle to Pompeii, Herculanuem and Vesuvius. Tour-stops:
2 hours at Pompeii Archeological Site;
2 hours hiking at the Vesuvius;
Free time for lunch;
1 hour at Herculaneum Ruins.
Vehicle: Mercedes with driver
Duration: 9 hours
Are you ready to discover the most unique archaeological sites and breathtaking landscapes in the world in a single tour? Sorrento Limo will take you from Sorrento to the ruins of Pompeii and Herculaneum and the crater of Mount Vesuvius during this unforgettable day tour!