Day Trips from the Amalfi Coast
Places to visit near the Amalfi Coast
- GOLD Day Trip Package (per person) € 74
- BASIC Day Trip Package (per person) € 55
- Private Tour from Positano to Pompeii with guide (rate for the vehicle) € 380
Sea, sun, views, food and wine...this is the "dolce vita" along the Amalfi Coast. But Italy's most famous stretch of coastline is also the perfect base for exploring the nearby sights.
The breathtaking island of Capri, the historic atmosphere of Pompeii and Herculaneum, the vibrant city of Naples: these are just a few of the day trips you can take from the Amalfi Coast.
- Getting there: by ferry (April to October only) or private boat
- Distance: 30 minutes from Positano, 40 minutes from Amalfi
- Recommended for: those who love beautiful scenery and breathtaking walks. Don't miss the experience of seeing the island from the water on a boat tour and taking the chairlift to the top of Mount Solaro.
- Getting there: private tour by car with driver or bus+train
- Distance: 1 hour from Positano, 1h 40m from Amalfi
- Recommended for: those who love history or are travelling with kids. Remember that you'll be doing a lot of walking during this day trip!
- Getting there: by ferry (April to October only) or bus
- Distance: 40 minutes from Positano, 1h 30m from Amalfi.
- Recommended for: those who love a festive resort atmosphere and shopping
- Getting there: private car or bus
- Distance: about 1h 30m
- Recommended for: those who love the vibe of a bustling, historic city
- Getting there: car or bus+train
- Distance: about 2 hours
- Recommended for: archaeology and gourmet enthusiasts, who will love the temples and the fresh mozzarella from this area!
If you are staying in Sorrento and would like to day trip to the Amalfi Coast, here are our suggestions:
Organizing a day trip to the Amalfi Coast from Sorrento
Private tour from Positano to Pompeii with an authorized guide. An English speaking driver will pick you up and drive you on a Mercedes vehicle. Duration 5 hours
(Terms and conditions)
Recommended experiences and tours
Transport and Rental
Travel to Capri from Naples (or vice versa) in just 40 minutes on board a high-speed luxury speedboat for a fast and comfortable arrival in style! This all-inclusive service begins with a pick-up by private car at your hotel on Capri or airport/station in Naples.
Transport and Rental
Choose the fastest and most stylish and comfortable transfer from Capri to Positano (or vice versa): a luxury speedboat for you and your group to reach your destination in record time and absolute safety! Make even a transfer an unforgettable moment during your holiday!
Transport and Rental
From Amalfi, the capital of the Amalfi Coast, to the island of Capri (or vice versa) by sea with Capri Boat Service: choose our fast, safe, and comfortable speedboats for your transfer and enjoy every moment of your holiday, saving time and enjoying the ride!
Want to reach your hotel on the Amalfi Coast with a comfortable private transfer? Travel to Praiano, Amalfi, or Ravello from Naples (or vice versa) with a luxury sedan driven by a bilingual Italian/English professional who can share with you this coastline's history during the ride.
Book your transfer to or from Rome - Positano and enjoy the beauty of the Amalfi Coast stress-free with a comfortable and relaxing ride in a luxury car with wifi, friendly service, and a bilingual driver.
Duration of the transfer: about 3 hours
Day trip to Capri from the Amalfi Coast
A day trip which takes you back over two millenia
Visit the Sorrento Peninsula
Visit the vibrant city of Naples from Positano and Amalfi
Capri Boat Rentals & Tours
Amalfi Coast Boat Rentals & Tours
Precision and professionalism for no-stress transfers
All you need to tour the Amalfi Coast
Sit back and relax...let your vacation begin!
Expert guides and professional drivers to discover all the treasures of Naples and the Amalfi Coast!
Naples and the Amalfi Coast "on the road" with your vintage Vespa!
The stunning natural scenery of the Amalfi Coast by walking