A full-day tour by sedan or minivan of southern Italy's three most important historic and natural sights
Departure from: Sorrento, Amalfi, Ravello, Positano
Duration 9 hours
Printed or mobile voucher accepted
- Pick up at your hotel, port, or train station iin Sorrento, the Amalfi Coast, or Naples
- Two hours in Pompeii with free time to explore the ruins
- Drop off on Mt. Vesuvius: the driver will leave you at the trail head to the crater, which you can walk with an alpine guide (30-40 minutes)
- Optional lunch stop at a restaurant on Mt. Vesuvius or snack stop at a gelateria
- Two hours at Herculaneum with free time to visit
- This private tour can be modified with a longer stop at Pompeii and no stop at Herculaneum
- Mercedes sedan or minivan with air conditioning
- English-speaking driver
- Parking, fuel, tolls
- Pompeii tickets: EUR 15, free for EU citizens 18 and under
- Mt. Vesuvius National Park tickets: EUR 10
- Herculaneum tickets: EUR 11
- Authorized guide at the archaeological sites: EUR 120 for two hours, upon requests
This tour is private and can be modified, for example with a longer stop at Pompeii and skipping Herculaneum entirely. The driver can advise you based on your travel style and pace.
We recommend comfortable shoes and clothing for touring the archaeological sites and mountain.
There are English-speaking guides available to hire in Pompeii and Herculaneum at a rate of EUR 120/2 hour tour of each ruins. The guide walks around with the clients throughout the ruins during the tour and explains all of the secrets of the area. Please advise us whether you are interested in hiring a personal guide in Pompeii or Herculaneum, as we would be very happy to make the necessary arrangements on your behalf.
Provided by: Rosato Private Tour (Piano di Sorrento)
The tour of a lifetime.
We did the amalfi coast tour with Vittorio in December. Vittorio was amazing and went out of his way to help us take the tour considering the route was blocked from landslides. The car was clean, the... more »
Gastronomical cooking class!!! Fabulous!!
This is the 2nd time in 3 years that we visited Italy and Vittorio took us for Olive oil tasting and a cooking class with a family. We had such a fantastic time. We felt like we were part of the... more »
Private Amalfi Coast Tour from Positano with Ciro
We had a wonderful experience with Ciro, of Rosato Private Tours. We were staying in Positano and wanted to see the cities of Amalfi and Ravello. Ciro picked us up on a Friday morning and gave us an... more »