Sea, sun, views, food and wine...this is the "dolce vita" along the Amalfi Coast. But Italy's most famous stretch of coastline is also the perfect base for exploring the nearby sights.
The breathtaking island of Capri, the historic atmosphere of Pompeii and Herculaneum, the vibrant city of Naples: these are just a few of the day trips you can take from the Amalfi Coast.
- Getting there: by ferry (April to October only) or private boat
- Distance: 30 minutes from Positano, 40 minutes from Amalfi
- Recommended for: those who love beautiful scenery and breathtaking walks. Don't miss the experience of seeing the island from the water on a boat tour and taking the chairlift to the top of Mount Solaro.
- Getting there: private tour by car with driver or bus+train
- Distance: 1 hour from Positano, 1h 40m from Amalfi
- Recommended for: those who love history or are travelling with kids. Remember that you'll be doing a lot of walking during this day trip!
- Getting there: by ferry (April to October only) or bus
- Distance: 40 minutes from Positano, 1h 30m from Amalfi.
- Recommended for: those who love a festive resort atmosphere and shopping
- Getting there: private car or bus
- Distance: about 1h 30m
- Recommended for: those who love the vibe of a bustling, historic city
- Getting there: car or bus+train
- Distance: about 2 hours
- Recommended for: archaeology and gourmet enthusiasts, who will love the temples and the fresh mozzarella from this area!
If you are staying in Sorrento and would like to day trip to the Amalfi Coast, here are our suggestions:
Organizing a day trip to the Amalfi Coast from Sorrento