Tasting of organic Lacryma Christi del Vesuvio Superiore DOP and lunch featuring local specialties from the slopes of Mount Vesuvius. By "superiore" wines, we mean those with a higher alcohol content than the standard for their classification.
Duration 2 hours
From 2 January 2021 to 31 December 2021 (All days) -
Printed or mobile voucher accepted
- Stroll through the vineyards on Mount Vesuvius and the winery with a staff member to learn about Lacryma Christi production.
- Taste 5 Lacryma Christi DOP wines with lunch:
- Lacryma Christi Superiore DOP del Vesuvio Bianco, Lacryma Christi DOP del Vesuvio Rosato, and Lacryma Christi Superiore DOP del Vesuvio Rossowith the antipasto of local salami, provolone cheese, "casatiello" (a savory bread), salted ricotta, bread with olive oil and local herbs and spices, prosciutto ham from Campania, and bruschetta with heirloom Piennolo tomatoes and roasted aubergines on bread baked in a wood-burning oven.
- Lacryma Christi Riserva with the main course of spaghetti tossed with Piennolo tomato and basil sauce.
- Capafresca Spumante Rosato and White Passito IGT with dessert of pastiera napoletana (traditional tart made with ricotta, grain, and candied fruit)
- Vegetarian and vegan options upon request.
- Free shuttle from Pompei Porta Marina for those arriving by train.
- Free parking at the winery.
Cantina del Vesuvio wines are organic and available for purchase exclusively through the winery. SUPERIORE wines are those with a higher alcohol content than the standard for their classification.
Children under 4: free
Children between 4 and 18: EUR 18 for lunch without wine
Cantina del Vesuvio is located in Trecase, halfway between Pompeii and the Mount Vesuvius National Park. This winery visit and tasting lunch is the perfect break for those visiting these two nearby sights. We offer a free shuttle service for Pompeii Ruins. The meeting point is the Pompei Porta Marina NCC Point (where private car services park) before the highway on ramp. Call us and we'll come pick you up in just a few minutes.
Those arriving by car can park in our free parking area.
Provided by: Cantina del Vesuvio (Trecase)
Wines made on the slopes of Vesuvius, with tastings at the winery
"Wonderful morning spent in this amazing place, the wine was really good and the food too , I really recommend to visit this location"
"Om ni är i närheten, kanske som vi påväg från Rom till Pompeji så stanna till här och luncha! Fint beläget på Vesuvios sluttning, trevlig rundvandring på vingården, fantastiskt trevlig personal! "
"Mukava paikka. Sorrentosta poikkesimme päiväreissulle ja oli hyvin käytettyä aikaa."